Sunday, March 9, 2008

Mule Ears


Have you been down the Grand Canyon on muleback? If so, you will recognize this scene. Everywhere you look, every pic you take, will have a set of mule ears showing.

I found a photo on the internet of a perfect Grand Canyon scene. I asked the photographer if I could paint it and she said "Yes! Just let me know how it turns out." Well, I think it turned out very well and offered this 'mule wrangler' a matted print for herself.

This is what she had to say...

"Sue, that is unbelievable. You captured it! I wish I were talented!
I will absolutely enjoy and frame whatever you can send me. This is art--no question about it. It moves the soul and makes you think in a way you wouldn't have otherwise. Please please PLEASE send me a print and it will take a primary position on my mantle among the things that make the greatest impact on my life. It is a timeless memory of a timeless place; and you have not wasted your time in resurrecting the memory forged by being in that magnificent place at that time, as you did so excellently.
It is really a masterpiece and brought tears to my eyes. You surely know you have a gift from God.
Patricia"
To see this as it developed, click here.

No comments: